Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

Yes, I took a blogging vacation yesterday. I'm in charge of an annual Walton Feed order for our stake. So I woke up at 6:00 AM to go to a church building about 20 miles away to receive the truck and distribute the food to the different wards. We normally do the order in the parking lot, but it was raining, so we had to lug the food inside. All went well though and I'm glad to have that over with. It was a reminder to me of one of the advantages of homeschooling. I am clearly not a morning person.

Now today is Bradley's birthday. I voted today. The whole process of standing in line and voting took 1 hour and 40 minutes. I took the birthday boy and Emily along with me. As we stood in line I felt like I was waiting to ride a popular attraction at Disneyland. I asked the kids if they were excited to go on the ride. They rolled their eyes and continued to walk the balance beam, a piece of log landscaping. As we inched our way down the outdoor corridor of the AME church building, I observed a crushed 32 oz. Disneyland beverage cup. It was so strange since we don't even live in the same state as Disneyland or Disneyworld. For a moment I thought I might actually be at Disneyland. However, the voting booth was far from the Space Mountain adventure I was hoping for.

I look forward to this evening when I sit with a big bowl of popcorn and watch the electoral votes roll in.


  1. Hooray for voting!

    Though, I was a little sad because they don't send "I voted!" stickers with absentee ballots.

  2. not to rub it in or anything, but i walked in to my voting location, walked up to the table, made some small talk with the ladies about the last time i was there (then i headed to the hospital to have Grady) voted and was out of there. well, not before i grabbed some free hot cocoa and a pastry provided by the church i was voting at. whole process...7 minutes!?!? give or take a few! ahhhh.....so nice! Happy Birthday Bradley!!

  3. Yeah, I voted too, but our election party didn't last too long. Usually we do the whole chicken wing (Rich eats them), ice cream, mozzarella stick thing, and we stay up and watch the results roll in; about 10:00pm I went to bed, there was no guess who the new president was going to be, and my preggo body was in desperate need of sleep. Rich had to finish the party solo.