Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just not myself

I just haven't been myself lately.  I've been accomplishing things, not taking pictures, and not blogging.  Don't worry, I'm sure the old me will be back someday. 

I had a great list of things I was going to accomplish today.  One was to mail an Easter card to my grandmother.  The kids drew her some pictures and they were excited to send them.  I usually only get the mail once a week because I don't like to be bothered by it.  There is usually more bad news than good news in there.  (Unfortunatley because of my bad habit, we were unaware that Bradley was supposed to give a talk in Primary last Sunday.  I told the Primary secretary on Sunday that email is the best way to reach me and to save the $0.44 next time.)  So when I mailed the Easter card, I decided to check the mail.  And of course, there was bad news in there.  There was a letter from a collection agency.  My husband had a merchant service account (so he could accept credit card payments for contract jobs) that he had cancelled a couple of months ago because no one was paying us anyway.  Well, it never actually got cancelled and since I didn't realize the company went to paperless statements in January, I never realized that the statements weren't getting paid because the bank account was closed too.  So to make a long story short, we have a $210 balance to pay off and they were going to charge us $295 to cancel the account.  However, we got the $295 fee waived.  It just bothers me that two hours of my time was wasted trying to fix this mess today because somebody made the mistake of not actually cancelling the account.  I'm not trying to blame anyone in particular, it's just one of those unfortunate events.  BUT we were told the account was cancelled earlier this month.  On top of that, I had to call our medical insurance company and my doctor's office to fix some errors in some recent doctor's visit claims.  Again, more waste of my time.  Needless to say, I didn't accomplish everything on my list today and the distractions made me grumpy. On top of that there were two dresses that I was going to return to a department store this evening.  I searched and searched and searched for the receipt and couldn't find it.  I finally found it in my wallet crushed by the huge wad of cash I had in there.  (Ok, so it was only really crushed by a few one dollar bills.)

So that's my day.  We have been working on our garden.  We ordered 7 cubic yards (in case you didn't know, that's a big pile) of compost and soil conditioner on Saturday and we have been slowly putting it in our new vegetable and flower beds shovel by shovel.  We hope to start planting this weekend.  Woo hoo!  My tomato and pepper plants aren't as big as I had hoped them to be by now.  I think I repotted them about 3 weeks too late.  I'm learning. 

Now off to bed.  I have such an active little fetus here tonight.  It feels like he is doing somersaults and about to burst my bladder. 

1 comment: